Saturday, January 30, 2010

Madison is 6 wks!



I've been so bad at updating! I'm so sorry everyone. Our life has dramatically changed over the last 6 weeks, as you can expect. So I'm finally settling into a routine and finding my old self again. Our most exciting news is that Madison is finally here! Madison Joy was born on December 20,2009 at 1:30pm weighing 7lbs 6 oz. and 20 inches long. It was a pretty easy delivery for me. All day Saturday I had been feeling like I was having "cramps". Brent and I went to the mall for xmas shopping so you can tell the pain wasn't that bad. That night around 11pm I began to think maybe these are getting more frequent, I should start timing them. So I did. They were irregular but I thought I'd call my doctor anyway. He said to just go to the hospital and get checked. So at 1:30am I woke Brent up crying telling him we should go. I thought we'd drive 40min. to the hospital and they'd send us home and I felt bad for having to wake him up. So we got the hospital and I was put on the monitor and checked. The nurse said "Oh you aren't going anyway. You're 5cm". I made it to 7cm before deciding to have an epidural. I think I could have done without one but I decided I was getting really tired and wanted to set some sleep so I could have energy to push. I started pushing around 12pm and then had to stop to wait on my Dr. So not cool...it's like we're not #1 on their agenda but I've got this baby coming and you better get here fast. I pushed maybe 10 times and she was out. Her head full of brown hair and so beautiful.

I've had quite the time after giving birth. 2 Days after I was home I went back into the hospital with pneumonia. It was so hard to be away from Madison and to trust she was alright without me. I spent two days in the hospital and was finally allowed to come home. At home I felt disconnected from Madison since I was gone and I had alot of anxiety. I have been amazed through all this of God's wisdom, grace, and guidance. My relationship with God has grown and been strengthened to a much deeper level. I'm a woman who likes to be in control of situations and who likes to know what's going to happen. This was a time in my life that I had no control and had to rely totally on MY GOD to guide me. I'm so thankful he is all knowing.

Madison is now 6wks old and things are getting into a routine around here. We went for her 1 month pictures and she did so well. She is so beautiful and such a good baby. We're still working on getting on a schedule with Baby Wise but we are so thankful for Auntie Naomi and all her help. Madison is smiling and focusing more each day. She's such a joy to have and we can't stop kissing her.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful! Glad to hear you are all home and doing well. Madison was born on our wedding anniversary! We love December 20th! :) Enjoy every minute.

    Love,
    Emily & Brian Ridgway

    ReplyDelete