Sunday, June 14, 2009

This is the Day the Lord has made!


What an awesome and beautiful day today! The sun was shining...it was warm...a nice breeze...God is GOOD! We are now 12 wks into our pregnancy and we are going insane wondering how we're going to be able to wait 6 more months for this little baby to come. I bought my first 'big' items at a garage sale on Fri. I got a brand new pac n play for 20$ and an amazing excersaucer for 7$ which originally retailed for 119$. WHAT A DEAL! I'm definitely the bargain shopper...Momma taught me well! It's fun walking by babies room and anticipating he/she being in there.
Today was just another beautiful day created by God. We had an awesome sermon today from our pastor. He's been doing a series on what it is to Fear God. It amazes me that there are people who think our world and universe all happened with one big bang...or they believe in no god...LOOK AROUND YOU!!! HE IS EVERYWHERE! Sometimes I know I don't fear God enough. I have been so blessed to have a husband who challenges me spiritually and I love talking about God's word with him. So everyone...FEAR GOD! After church we came home and ate lunch, played some Wii, relaxed and then went for a bike ride down to the beach. WHAT A TRIP....so we got our bikes from the garage and low and behold my tires are a little low on air. Leave it to me to think I can just ride with them that way. Hahaha, no way. We aren't two miles down the road till my thighs are killing and my calves are burning. It is so hard to pedal a bike with no air in the tires...I wouldn't recommend anyone trying it. Anyway, my wonderful husband traded me bikes (only b/c I said baby was not liking mommy being in pain) and he road the rest of the way to a gas station...which by the way...aren't close to the beach. We had to go over a dirt road...tore up sidewalks..and HOLES! So we got the air and then headed back to the beach. What a change in effort it took to ride my bike that time. We love our beach and park. So many young couples around, people walking their dogs, kids playing in the sand...it's just very peaceful and relaxing. We stopped on the rocks and sat for a little snack. I love just sitting and talking with Brent. We also dream about what it'd be like to have our own Yacht....never going to happen...but we like to dream. Anyway, we made it home safely and yes...my butt is killing me...but pain is gain...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment